Twitter users are now able to find out how many real accounts are following them. All you have to do is go to socialbakers.com new tool. Inactive followers are defined as those having “only 1 or 2 retweets on profile” or their last tweet “older than 3 months.”
The service is free but limited to 10 searches a day.
How do they do it? Here are some insights:
- The Following / Followers ratio is less than 50 Following / 1 Follower
- They repeat spam phrases like “diet,” “make money,” and “work from home”
- Tweets are repeated more than three times
- More than 90% of the account´s tweets are retweets
- More than 90% of tweets are links and the profile has a following: followers ratio of 7 : 1 or more. This means, for example, that the profile is following 7 others while only being followed by 1.
- The account has never tweeted